If you attended the Second City this past Saturday night, I would bet that you are still laughing about some of the skits. For the second year in a row, the Second City comedy group did a fantastic job of turning the Historic Dixon Theatre into a laugh riot! Thanks to the theatre, especially Tom Elmendorf, for a great collaboration with Dixon Main Street to bring this show to Dixon. And thanks to Trein's Jewelry, Venier's Jewelry and Crystal Cork for helping to sell pre-show tickets and to WIXN, WSDR and The Telegraph for all their advertising help!
1) Dixon Main Street's Lunch and Learn program for November will be a preview of the Regan Centennial Celebrations by Ann Lewis. The program is at the Post House Ballroom on Wednesday, Nov. 17 at Noon. Caterer will be Snow White Bakery and the Sponsor is Community State Bank. Admission is $3 and includes lunch.
2) The annual Christmas Walk sponsored by Dixon Main Street and the Dixon Chamber of Commerce is coming up on Friday, Dec. 3 from 6-9 p.m. The evening will feature the Great Snowball Drop at 7 p.m. with a chance to win cash and prizes! There will also be horse and wagon rides, Kitzman's Warming Center, plenty of hot chocolate and cookies and much much more!
Important Message Alert! Don't you love oranges? Well, have I got news for you. Dixon Main Street is once again holding our ORANGE-raiser fundraiser. We are partnering with Snyder's and Blue Freedom to provide the community with fresh, delicious oranges and grapefruits for the holiday season. Check out the attached order form for all the details.
3) The People's Economic Development Project will have it's first informational meeting on Wednesday, Nov. 17 at 5:30 p.m. at the Public Safety Building. The public is invited to come and learn about the project, including details on getting the downtown on the National Register of Historic Places.
And a few more quick notes ...
- Alzheimer's Association Candlelight Ceremony will on Tuesday, Nov. 16 at 6 p.m. at the Alzheimer's Association office, 93 S. Hennepin Ave. Call 285-1100 for details.
- It's official, Mama Cimino's will be showcasing their new banquet room on Tuesday, Nov. 9 from 4-7 p.m. Come enjoy free hors d'oeuvres and get a sneak preview of this new facility in the downtown.
- I got my Dixon Chamber of Commerce newletter in the mail today and they have started taking nominees for their annual Citizen of the Year banquet. If you have someone that you would like to nominate, contact the Chamber office at 284-3361.
- Speaking of the Historic Dixon Theatre, don't forget about the Geneva Red and the Roadsters blues show on Nov. 19 at 7 p.m. Tickets are $7 and it is a fundraiser for the Honor Flight Veterans.
- The Next Picture Show will feature a holiday performance by the Rock River Valley Barbershop Chorus on Dec. 9 at 7 p.m. Admission is $5. The chorus has been singing locally for 57 years!
- Second Saturdays is coming up on Nov. 13! Check the website www.second-saturdays.com to see everything that is scheduled.
- Support local restaurants and bars while helping the United Way of Lee County reach this year's campaign goal! Participating restaurants have each selected a day and will donate a percentage of that day's sales to the United Way of Lee County! See the schedule below ...
The One and Only Nikos': November 8th (TODAY)
Salamandra's: November 9th
Bogey's Bar: November 10th
Mama Cimino's: November 11th
The Stables: November 12th (7-10pm)