Reagan Run 5K set for July 5
} Run is part of the 50th Anniversary of the Dixon Petunia Festival
Nearly 2,000 participants are expected for the annual Reagan Run 5K on Saturday, July 5 in downtown Dixon. The traditional race that is part of Dixon's Petunia Festival draws runners and walkers alike and has developed into the premier 5K race in the Sauk Valley area.
The race begins at 8 a.m. with the start line located just steps away from Ronald Reagan's Boyhood Home, 810 S. Hennepin Ave., Dixon. The unique course takes runners through downtown Dixon, across the Rock River, through wooded paths and finishes in Haymarket Square in the downtown. Racers continue to rave year after year about this classic and fun course that offers a changing landscape as you run.
The race is a benefit that helps several groups in Dixon including: The Dixon Athletic Boosters, Dixon Main Street, Dixon Park District and the Dixon YMCA Strong Kids.
Online registration is available at www.getmeregistered.com or www.reaganrun.com. Early race packet pickup will be Thursday, July 3 from 12 p.m. - 6 p.m. at the Dixon Family YMCA. Race Day Registration can be done up until 7:30 a.m. on the morning of the race at Haymarket Square. No registrations will be available at the start line at the Reagan Home.
For more information, call Dixon Main Street at 815-288-2308.
2014 Reagan Run FAQs
I. What - 15th Annual 5K Reagan Run - 5K = 3.1 Miles and walkers are welcome
When - Saturday, July 5, 2014 8:00 a.m.
Where – Starts at Ronald Reagan Boyhood Home, 810 South Hennepin Av, Dixon
Finishes at Haymarket Square, 200 Block of South Highland Av.
Why – Benefits the Dixon Athletic Boosters, Dixon Main Street and the Dixon Park District and Dixon YMCA Strong Kids
How – Online Registration available until Wednesday, July 2, 2014, at www.getmeregistered.com
Information available at: www.reaganrun.com, www.dixonil.com/mainstreet , www.dixonil.com/parks or www.saukvalley.com .
You can also call Nancy Varga at 288-2655.
Again this year
1. Early entries are only $20 on or before June 15th. Entries then go to $25 from June 16th until July 4th. Race day entries are $30 up until 7:30 am at the finish line.
2. Start and Finish mats
3. Unofficial mobile race results will be available by scanning the QR (Quick Response) Code on your bib using a free downloadable smart phone app. Net times will be posted later in the week at raceresultsplus.com
4. Race video posted on Youtube. Visit www.reaganrun.com for instructions.
Early race packet pickup Thursday, July 3, 2014 12:00 PM – 6:00 PM –- Dixon YMCA
Race Day Registration can be done up until 7:30 a.m. on the morning of the race at Haymarket Square. No registrations at the start line at the Reagan Home.
II. Related Events
A. Kids Fun Run (For kids 9 and under)
1. Saturday, July 5, 2014 7:30 a.m.
2. Registration ends at 7:15 a.m.
3. Free t-shirts to the first 100 registrants
B. KSB Corporate Challenge – 14th Annual
1. Run in conjunction with the Reagan Run
2. Requires five participants from the same company- Rock Falls High School is the defending champ
III. History of the Event
1. Began in 2000 with 315 runners & walkers
Male winner Bryan Glass - Female Tasha Atchley
2. 2001 - 326 runners & walkers
Male winner Bryan Glass (2 time winner) - Female Jessica Schauff
3. 2002 - 337 runners & walkers
Male winner Ken Lauff - Female Ellie Pinzarrone
4. 2003 - 402 runners & walkers
Male winner Anthony Welty - Female Jessica Schauff (2 time winner)
5. 2004 – 532 runners & walkers
Male winner Andy Tremble - Female Jessica Schauff (3 time winner)
6. 2005 - 556 finishers (572 entries)
Male winner Anthony Welty (2 time winner) - Female Jessica Schauff (4 time winner)
7. 2006 - 720 finishers (605 entries) Fun Run - 126
Male winner Andy Tremble (2 time winner) - Female Barb Lauff
8. 2007 - 744 finishers (804 entries) Fun Run – 123 entrants/108 finishers
Male winner Kel Bond - Female Terah Cheatham
9. 2008 – 827 finishers
Male winner Anthony Welty (3 time winner) - Female Terah Cheatham (2 time winner)
10. 2009 – 1,102 finishers (1,175 entries)
Male winner Bryan Glass (3 time winner) - Female Jessica Langford
11. 2010 – 1,155 finishers
Male winner Paul Zeman - Female Jessica Langford (2 time winner)
12. 2011 – 1,474 finishers (1,580 entries)
Male winner Andrew Jellema - Female Jessica Langford (3 time winner)
13. 2012 – 1,382 finishers (1,463 entries)
Male winner Paul Zeman (2 time winner)- Female Jessica Langford (4 time winner)
14. 2013 – 1,556 finishers (1,650 entries)
Male winner Paul Zeman (3 time winner)- Female Kelsey Hildreth