Thank you for your support of the Scarecrow Festival weekend. The event was a wonderful success as we had a crowd of more than 5,000 at the Scarecrow Festival. Including the Here Come the Mummies concert and the Homecoming parade on Friday, total weekend attendance was well over 6,000 people! The event was bolstered by the cooperative efforts of the United Way of Lee County this year as their Campaign Kick-Off added to this wonderful community event, along with cooperative efforts with the Dixon Theatre and Dixon High School.
Event Highlights and Fun Facts:
- Doggy Zoo featured 80 breeds of dogs and brought people from throughout northern Illinois to show off their dogs and participate in this featured event.
-600 pumpkins were painting in just 3 hours at the Pumpkin Painting booth.
- $400 was raised by the Sauk Valley Bank Dunk Tank and will be donated to the Dixon Public Library.
-United Way featured 20 of their agencies as part of their Kick-Off event on First Street.
- There were activities featured on every block of First Street from Ottawa Avenue to Highland Avenue. In addition to using the Old Courthouse Lawn and listing the Park Districts Farmer's Market.
- Local groups participating this year included the Palmyra Hillbillies 4-H, Lee County Master Gardeners, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Sauk Valley Community College Phi Theta Kappa honor society, Reynoldswood Christian Camp, Immanuel Lutheran Church, First Baptist Church, First Presbyterian Church, MOPS, Project GenNex, and several others.
-Roxie's, a new downtown retail store, held its grand opening as part of the festival with music by Gina Venier.
- Homecoming weekend was the same weekend this year and we partnered with DHS to have downtown windows decorated and to have the Homecoming Parade come through the downtown on Friday afternoon.
-The Here Come The Mummies concert at the Historic Dixon Theatre on Friday night of Scarecrow Festival weekend saw a sold out crowd of more than 900 guests, with many visiting the city for the weekend of activities. The Post House Ballroom feature 144 Dinner/Show guests at their facility.
- A huge thanks to our Scarecrow Festival sponsors: Hicks Insurance, Raynor, and Dixon Tourism. And another huge thanks to our Here Come the Mummies Sponsors: Supreme Cleaners, Lost Lake Radio, The Telegraph, Val's Place, KSB Hospital, and Lance Refrigeration.
- More than 100 volunteers gave time to help make these events happen.